5 Minute Grain Free Muffins|Nourishing Nuggets
The perfect muffin for our family! They include all of our Big 3 (Protein, Omega 3 & Live Food) and have no aggravating ingredients for our little one who is healing Juvenile Arthritis. Yay!!!
- 1 cup nut butter – you can buy nut butters here
- 2 medium sized bananas (The more ripe, the sweeter!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (try making your own!)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey (or other sweeteners such as maple syrup, stevia, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely ground flax &/or chia seeds
- Toppings: dehydrated unsweetened coconut flakes, raisins, flaxseed, dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, and/or anything else you can think of. Feel free to lather on apple butter, strawberry preserves, or even more peanut butter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. You can also use a stick blender if you have one.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin. You can also use a mini muffin tin to make 24 mini muffins.
- Add additional toppings of your choice to each muffin and lightly stir into each cup
- Cook time: 15 minutes for full size muffins and 10 minutes for mini muffins.
- Reheat in a toaster oven for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, or eat at room temperature.